Foreign Direct Investment Re-shoring and International Trade Services
The Office of International Commerce assists the executives of qualified foreign-based businesses with an interest in locating in the U.S. These services are offered at no cost to qualified companies. Companies using these services accelerate their success in the U.S. market and quickly assimilate into Louisiana’s booming economy. Services include:
- A dedicated team of professionals who will provide customized solutions for entering or expanding in Louisiana, including representatives based in key FDI countries. Contact information for these representatives is available on country overview pages and in the LED staff directory.
- Customized analysis of operating costs, taxes, available buildings or sites, potential suppliers, etc.
- Business and financial incentives including tax credits and abatements, as well as rebates.
- LED FastStart®, the nation’s best state workforce development program for workforce recruiting and training.
- Corporate concierge services that assist executives with a smooth transition to life in Louisiana.
- Information about how residents live, work and play in Louisiana in each of the state’s eight regions.
OIC also administers the STEP Grant Export Promotion Program, an SBA Program which provides financial awards to state and territory governments to assist small businesses with export development. This program's mission is to increase the number of U.S. small business exporters and increase their export sales. To learn more about the STEP program and to apply, visit the program page